Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Baffling Need of My Inflated Ego..




Damaging; Ego; Legitimate;

Also shared with Haiku Heights..



Prompt: Eccentric

..


Eccentric ego
legitimates scars on soul;
damaging power



Baffling Need of My Inflated Ego..


Well, it could be
a legitimate craving
Or  baffling need of my
Inflated ego
To seek myself
In your expressions
Tell me, won't it be damaging
For both of us
I will neither be able
To know the 'complete' Me
Nor will I ever know
The real you
and I realise that
I can know and find myself only
By letting you be yourself..


RS:)

7 comments:

  1. Quite the philosopher Ramesh:)Positive reinforcement is ego boosting..Finding yourself is a lifelong solitary pilgrimage in the company of others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RS this is so deep and touching.
    The following lines are really soulful.
    .I will neither be able
    To know the 'complete' Me
    Nor will I ever know
    The real you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the realization in this poem. Nicely written Ramesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wisdom...so often we seek to mold others into what we want them to be instead of celebrating who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a powerful Haiku steeped in wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'By letting you be yourself'..such deeply said.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete