Saturday, June 2, 2012

I Hold My Dreams Tight..

 
Written for

                                   





Thanks to Tracy of These Silly Words of Mine 
for the prompt Fickle..


I Hold My Dreams Tight..


None touches
or plucks
or smells the fragrance
artificial flowers
born dead
live pretty long
soaked in pride
of their own beauty..
no fear of a
fickle weather
and I sit looking at
a blooming rose
tremble with fear
in my balcony
ah, strong winds
without a warning
blow my hair too
I hold my dreams tight….


RS:)



Thanks to my friend from Switzerland Claude LOPEZ-GINISTY
for the translation in French..

Personne ne touche
ou ne cueille
ou ne respire leur fragrance
les fleurs artificielles
mort-nées
vivent assez longtemps
baignée dans l'orgueil
de leur propre beauté..
nulle peur
d'un temps capricieux
et je suis assis regardant
une rose magnifique
je tremble de peur
sur mon balcon
ah, de forts vents
sans prévenir


***

11 comments:

  1. Superb. Hold your dreams tight. Wind will pass.

    It is better to be real and honest than artificial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ramesh...
    i love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely... nothing can replace that willingness to stand in the wind and reach for the rose...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Windswept roses are preferable to artifical ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, Ramesh.

    Fickle winds will blow
    hair will toss and plants will shake
    rose petals won't fall
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see you on your balcony observing the real rose while the breeze ruffles your hair and the rose's petals. Nothing like the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ramesh! I'm here as promised...liked your blog a lot and all those haikus are just superb! Am now following you and shall be visiting often...thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid Ramesh! You know how to create a delicate and tender atmosphere!

    Personne ne touche
    ou ne cueille
    ou ne respire leur fragrance
    les fleurs artificielles
    mort-nées
    vivent assez longtemps
    baignée dans l'orgueil
    de leur propre beauté..
    nulle peur
    d'un temps capricieux
    et je suis assis regardant
    une rose magnifique
    je tremble de peur
    sur mon balcon
    ah, de forts vents
    sans prévenir
    font aussi voler mes cheveux
    je serre mes rêves de près...

    ReplyDelete