Saturday, June 30, 2012

Like a Winged Kite..

Written for One Single Impression



Prompt: Kite.... ( My own prompt this week)


Like a Winged Kite...



Flying high with
the force of winds
liked a winged kite
I pass through
the glorious rainbow
Happily excited
for all the colours
which would politely
stick on my body
and white wings
but nothing happens,
I find myself coming out
without any change
why should have rainbow
chosen me to
show its true colours..


***

For haiku lovers....let me see if I have done the justice:

Rainbow’s true colours;
a  white kite passes through it
and lo, it stays white..


RS:)

Shared with Leo's Haiku Heights

14 comments:

  1. Both poem and Haiku has left me thinking....
    Great words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem and haiku Ramesh ji! Wonderful thought!
    Run the length of kite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting words..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the haiku is like a crystallized version of the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, The soul soars true to it's own color. WOnderful, Ramesh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent poem. Flying has been a pleasant dream since childhood and recurrent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am flying with you, Ramesh. :)

    Thank you for this nice prompt. It was a fun write.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!...This is amazing thought!....Sometimes, I wonder..how do you get such interesting thoughts.....Lovely poem...and simplified Haiku...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A kite passing through a rainbow...how delightful!


    Walking True

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a curious phenomenon to have a white kite remain white though it passes through a rainbow of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The poem and haiku are both equally good ... love your posts Sir :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL poems RS sir! loved the haiku :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. something more constant than a rainbow. Beautiful haiku and poem.

    ReplyDelete