Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Can Kneel Before Him...


Written for One single Impression
Prompt #191 :  Limber Up

Thanks to Swapna of Following a Rainbow for this  week's prompt!
 

I Can Kneel Before Him...



“Limber up your legs”
He commands
And lo, a crackling sound
Stems from my knees
And he exclaims
“What is this orchestra, man!”
As I do it the second time..
That was my coach and me
In those golden yesteryears
Yes, I have always had
Musical knees
Keep trying to fill
My heart too with music
Need them both
Now that I am learning
To walk on a road
That is not smooth anymore
Yes, hard realities of life
Keep surfacing here and there
Every now and then
I pray from my heart
And thank God
That I can kneel before Him..


RS : )
 

19 comments:

  1. Well done RS!! ...and a delightful poem!! I liked the use of the word "Orchestra":) Reflects both your humorous side and the more contemplating one too!! Keep up that flex RS, it exhibits much strength!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having Him in heart always is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. reality and spirituality ...well said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How true! well written with a touch of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent. And there's a close association with music and spirituality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely, heartfelt response to this prompt. I sympathise with the creaking knees. Most of me creaks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seem to have made amazing use of the prompt. "Musical limbs" - so perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMEN!

    it resonates even after i finish reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love and joy are one in the same. You capture them here equally. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful poem...you weave such a tender and heartfelt story in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nicely written, Ramesh.
    I am no longer able to be on my knees so I kneel on my toes with my knees bent before me.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this. The humor is an essential part of the spirituality that is the main theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. perfect humor,
    your words shine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. perfect humor,
    your words shine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "learning to walk on a road that is not smooth anymore" excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is excellent so simple and yet filled with so much meaning and humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. As we get older, humility will pad our knees.
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete