Monday, November 1, 2010

Eyes Splashed with Colours of Joy and Peace

Written for Poetry Potluck Theme: Halloween


Eyes Splashed with Colours of
Joy and Peace

Boundaries between
The worlds blur
Distance vanishes,
With your world so near
Just take a step forward,
Move in again to our world
Form? Take any form or shape
I will recognise, for I know
The colour
Of your soul, my Mother..
Even if I keep painting it
With myriad colours of love
To let it sparkle in any season
So what? I know..
And Mother, even if
For some moments
I miss out on remembering
The latest colour with which
I might have painted your soul,
Won’t I, in an instant, pick up
The aroma of millions
Of fragrant flowers , cuddled
Among whom God must have
Let your pious soul rest..
So Mother, don’t bother
Just step in.. we’ll meet
We will chat for hours
This Diwali, hey, let it become
Brighter with your presence
Mother, dear don’t wait..
Hey, what’s this God
I smell the aroma, wow!
My eyes are splashed with
Colours of peace and joy
Yes, now I remember
That was the colour with
Which I painted her soul
Hey, Mother, you are around,
Aren’t you, bless me as
I start a new life, in a new place
You will be comfortable
In my world of thoughts
My God, Mother, God's wish this,
Just turn, and see Father smiling
He too has just stepped in
Oh, I am so happy
To see you together
And believe me others
Are seeing reflection
Of you both on my face..
I’m so happy to be in the moments
When the distance between
Our worlds gets blurred…

9 comments:

  1. sweet tribe to mother of yours...
    via God's version, everything will be like heaven.

    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Dear Ramesh... I enjoyed it...

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    Twitter: @VerseEveryDay
    Blog: http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a particularly beautiful piece Ramesh. I could really picture the scene and feel your emotions through your words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A myriad of images and almost a silent song, beautifully presented and a great read....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heartfelt.

    Wish you a Happy Diwali.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tribute to your mother.
    Happy Diwali!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyable. Most poetical. Thanks for this.

    All the best, Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely touching poem! When you really love someone, distance really does not matter at all... it's all in the mind!
    And here, in this poem, you have expressed this thought so well, Ramesh... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete