Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cracks Began to Appear In My Reverie

Written for Haiku Heights Prompt: Mystic and OSI Prompt: Fancy

Eyes meet , smile stems
You envy and call it a fancy,
For me its mystic..


Written for OSI Prompt: Fancy

First a haiku..keeping with my own passion

Earth cuddles in
A blanket of clouds, Moon looks
On, fancies warmth…


Cracks Began to Appear In My Reverie

Deep inside him
Somewhere, lives a giver
But with a weak voice, who
Appears to be getting snubbed
By the surroundings…
Relationships get weaved
Offering threads of trust
But then others entangle
Yarns of selfishness
Not able to make the difference
Continues to be an
Arrogant child, with soft
Soul perhaps made of wax
That can melt on
A little hint of warmth
Which stays away
Failing to penetrate
The thick walls built around
By the sycophants
Yet, wants to explore skies
Of love and humility
But then wings of gold
May be heavier
For such a fanciful flight
Wish he could make it
At least once
Won’t mind lending him
Some wings of thoughts
Capable of taking him
To newer, happier skies
But will he ever ask…
May be not, doesn’t even know
For, it’s not him, but I
Who have been weaving
Such dreams for him
Without realizing, that
He has his own dreams
To follow, to pursue
And it took time but then
Cracks began to appear
In my reverie, and I have tried
And have quietly detached myself
To slip back into my own space
May God help me weave
My own happier dreams
Wings of thoughts will help me
Explore depths and heights
Of a shimmering new world
Yes, it has taken me eons to break
High walls of illusion
And take a leap..
Ah, finally I’m breathing freedom..
It’s not my fancy, it’s for real

29 comments:

  1. Nice haiku...
    Beautiful words in the poem..

    "Arrogant child, with soft
    Soul perhaps made of wax
    That can melt on
    A little hint of warmth"

    Lovely... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pyaara Dost,
    A lovely rainy morning!
    Giving space and dreaming own dreams...........Yes,I can relate so well.I was undergoing a stressful period and now I am at peace with myself and nature.
    Beautifully crafted verses.
    Leaving for temple now.
    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday to relax,
    Sasneham,
    Anu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment from Anu:

    Pyaara Dost,

    A lovely rainy morning!
    Giving space and dreaming own dreams...........Yes,I can relate so well.I was undergoing a stressful period and now I am at peace with myself and nature.
    Beautifully crafted verses.

    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday to relax,
    Sasneham,
    Anu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, deep thinking words, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you experience freedom for real now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I like that fancy, R'ji.. to see someone and just make a connection like that is amazing.. mystical for sure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. some lovely images in your reverie poem...

    soft soul of wax ... brilliant.

    love the emotional depth of this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes the most mystical things are found in the ordinary. Nice haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your poems are always so spiritually uplifting...I love reading them every week. This one (the last one) was beautiful and so touching...thanks for sharing your words. I also loved your haikus!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice poems. I love the last one especially. You create such wonderful images.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've written some really cool poetry here.
    i like it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful imagery, deep thoughts. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks a lot for linking.
    Harpy Belated Halloween.
    Happy November,

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. that first Haiku is very good...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Forgive the corny metaphore, but your Potluck dish was like a good curry - delicate, yet spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Ramesh. Beautiful imagery.

    Keep writing..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks a lot to all the friends visiting.. I love writing haikus.. but then sometimes the emotions flow into longer poems too.. nice of you for spending time to read them all...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Haiku's and wonderful lines woven together as poem..I enjoyed them both

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh- I loved them all- the haikus and the longer verse. The longer poem reminded me of what I want for my daughter isn't necesarily what she wants...wise words. Loved the line:
    " Arrogant child, with soft
    Soul perhaps made of wax
    That can melt on
    A little hint of warmth"

    Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please help giving (belated) birthday wishes to 3 or 4 fellow poets:

    http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/happy-birthday-eric-dom/

    Thanks a lot for the support.
    Happy November!
    Your presence adds light to our space, keep shining!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful poetry and images my friend. Your words run deep within ones soul.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful Rameshji..

    --Someone Is Special--

    ReplyDelete
  23. you have a lovely way of embracing life and your poems are full of this spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  24. In your mystic haiku I get the impression of a spouse observing that little spark that flows between two people across a crowded room, viz other spouse and AN Other individual, and the little green monster rearing its head...

    ReplyDelete
  25. smiles are always mystic for me...

    I admire your love for the moon! IT has always been a beautiful subject of your haikus Ramesh!

    And your poem that followed, I am quite impressed and i could relate so much to your thoughts...


    Very well said Ramesh! You're one of the best I have been reading lately! :-)

    ReplyDelete