Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Deep Reluctance Holds Me Tight..



Written for 3WW Prompts..  Immune, Drench, Radiate..



Deep Reluctance Holds Me Tight..

Drenched in water
Immune to people around
He dances in rain

Drops of water shine
On his face, eyes radiate
A deep love for life


How I crave to be
Out there with him to catch
Rain-drops in my hands


Deep reluctance holds
Me tight, moments of magic
Slipping by quietly


That’s when my spirit
Pushes me with full force and
I find myself dance


In rain, like a mad
But where is he, oh, my muse
Vanishes or hides


Then I get the truth
Together we can’t be, for
That was also me


The one I wanted
Always to be, and wow, It’s
Kind of knowing


Now I know for sure
If ever magic beckons
I will be immune


Drenched in love
I will let my spirit radiate
Through my eyes, yes..

And what really
I would be doing; ah, simple,
Living the moment…


This poem, in a chain of haikus just happened.. I think I was living the moments as the words flowed.. about fifteen minutes ago it didn't exist... join me in happiness!!!

By:RS : )

22 comments:

  1. A chain of haikus..what a wonderful idea..like dancing in the rain..it reads like a chain of thought too..a realisation..Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramesh, welcome to the poet's world where Haiku evolves. I agree, the form is so simple that the thought can usually flow quickly, but not always.

    I like it that you returned to the words, used them twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful would that we could always seize the moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. and a lovely, shining chain it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Drops of water shine
    On his face, eyes radiate
    A deep love for life"

    - lovely words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dancing in the rain is seizing the moment. We all need spontaneity, even in haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love walking in the rain. If I have nowhere I need to be...love it.
    This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What better advice than to live the moment. This is such delightful post I felt like dancing in the rain myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your chain of haiku. Beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your youthful and joyful spirit radiates through every Haiku here!! Wah!!RS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ramesh, I can see your essence dancing in the rain. How often have I chased myself, thinking it was another who was having more fun than I? Sweet, spiritual, and pure. Bless you, my friend. Amy

    http://sharplittlepencil.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/christopher-street-3ww/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I join your hapiness, yesss!! A story in haikus, and so well told... I can see it, smell the rain... I dance along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Drenched in beauty..... what a beautiful creation sir. Loved the lines where u mention the other one was also me. The me I always wanted to be.

    Thank you for writing this

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have witnesed just a little of that spirit of yours dancing here, Ramesh ! It dances beautifully !
    Happy Weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  15. WONDERFUL!! I really could relate to this one, Rameshji... I think the best way to re-welcome those muses is by letting go of all our inhibitions, and by opening our arms wide to the world of possibility...

    May those spirits keep dancing.. and singing in the rain...

    Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. raindrops opening one's eyes to the ever presence of life now... beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ramesh, this unconscious flow is as rhythmic as music! I could feel a song carrying me to the resolution of not letting anything pull me back again...

    ReplyDelete
  18. You were inspired, and in turn you have inspired me.A novel idea - you and your muse are one and the same!
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are the best; the ones that come flowing out of you like the letting go of a breath held in. Very well done!

    My second offering for this week: http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/i-am-loved/

    ReplyDelete