Saturday, August 20, 2011

Creating Impression : A New Obsession


 
Hers's for OSI : Obsession
First as usual a Haiku..
I am obsessed
With my breath, can’t live without
Even for a day…


Creating Impression : A New Obsession

He cleaned the dust; book
Looks at him, asks,
“Hey, will you open me,
At least now
Let the words tied up here
Speak out for once..
I am bound to hold them
Together but then
I won’t mind
If you let them spill
And share with others
Isn’t that why you
Had picked me up
At the first place….”
He didn’t answer
Cleaned it up, closed it
And kept it back
Admiring the bookshelf
Presented to him
By his employers
In recognition of
His excellent performance
He was really
Obsessed with collecting
Books, they looked so
Beautiful lined up
An array of colourful strips
And created an impression
Of intellect being around
On all those, who
Visited him, creating
Impressions, isn’t that what
Life is all about…
He had read a couple,
A few pages of a few more
But most others were
Indeed decorations
Yes, creating impression
Like many others
Has become his
Current obsession…and
Those who visit him
Too suffer from the same
Faking passion and discussing
About titles of the books..


for Haiku Heights : Lullaby

For Haiku Heights first...

A night long chatter
Moon needs to sleep, mother Earth
Sings a lullaby..


 
****
 
 


By : RS : )

16 comments:

  1. from HH,
    the haiku, it reminds me of a new moon or dark moon, Rameshji :) A lovely rendition..

    from OSI,
    the haiku is so to the point :D yet that subtle humor cant be forgotten either. love it. but shouldn't it be breath or breaths, rather than breathe? :)

    an obsession is good, but I don't like a book being bought and kept just to impress people! esp. if it is a good novel. maybe he can find a different way to show off intellect than wasting such wonderful books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leo!! I have edited..you are right.. I wanted to use it as a noun here..as part of me.. and breath is correct..

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you right sir,
    people buy books but fail to understand that they want to tell us alot and dont want to be a just showpiece..it is loss of the people who want to make a impression ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The chatter of the moon" Well how imaginative is that!:)

    The poem on the obsession of creating an impression- it's so true.A great take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your obsession take gave me a chuckle Ramesh...:)

    Really? Oh there are people who are obsessed collecting books but true to your words have not read them all, maybe, have just flipped the pages and left to collect dust in a beautiful shelf...:)

    Sounds interesting huh!

    I like your lullaby take..:) Very comforting words! Thanks for the visit Ramesh...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your obsession take gave me a chuckle Ramesh...:)

    Really? Oh there are people who are obsessed collecting books but true to your words have not read them all, maybe, have just flipped the pages and left to collect dust in a beautiful shelf...:)

    Sounds interesting huh!

    I like your lullaby take..:) Very comforting words! Thanks for the visit Ramesh...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved how you combined all three to bring meaning

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire your energy to all the prompts...

    Nice haikus...and I like buying the book to please me, not to impress others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!! Looks like compulsive behavior but strongly motivated to succeed at any cost RS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all Ramesh! I can relate to the obsessed behaviour too. Nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. a needy obsession...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ramesh, this reminds me of what my uncle, now deceased, used to say about buying books for his school kids: "Buy them books and they eat the paper."
    Liked your haiku too. To the point although I think breathing is a necessity and perhaps not an obsession.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. your HH is just beautiful a lullaby all on it's own! I try not to be obsessed with my breath because then I think about breathing then I count my breaths Oh we don't want to go there LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. loved your pieces- and not wanting to live without your breaths- yes!!! And the last one is so true- I hate when people collect titles for a reason other than what's inside. These people are easy to figure out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done. Good to be obsessed with what makes our life!a

    ReplyDelete
  16. how funny we are to let a book lie unopened, untouched....

    ReplyDelete