Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Can Kneel Before Him...


Written for One single Impression
Prompt #191 :  Limber Up

Thanks to Swapna of Following a Rainbow for this  week's prompt!
 

I Can Kneel Before Him...



“Limber up your legs”
He commands
And lo, a crackling sound
Stems from my knees
And he exclaims
“What is this orchestra, man!”
As I do it the second time..
That was my coach and me
In those golden yesteryears
Yes, I have always had
Musical knees
Keep trying to fill
My heart too with music
Need them both
Now that I am learning
To walk on a road
That is not smooth anymore
Yes, hard realities of life
Keep surfacing here and there
Every now and then
I pray from my heart
And thank God
That I can kneel before Him..


RS : )
 

19 comments:

  1. Well done RS!! ...and a delightful poem!! I liked the use of the word "Orchestra":) Reflects both your humorous side and the more contemplating one too!! Keep up that flex RS, it exhibits much strength!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having Him in heart always is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. reality and spirituality ...well said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How true! well written with a touch of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent. And there's a close association with music and spirituality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely, heartfelt response to this prompt. I sympathise with the creaking knees. Most of me creaks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seem to have made amazing use of the prompt. "Musical limbs" - so perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMEN!

    it resonates even after i finish reading

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love and joy are one in the same. You capture them here equally. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful poem...you weave such a tender and heartfelt story in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nicely written, Ramesh.
    I am no longer able to be on my knees so I kneel on my toes with my knees bent before me.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this. The humor is an essential part of the spirituality that is the main theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "learning to walk on a road that is not smooth anymore" excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is excellent so simple and yet filled with so much meaning and humor :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. As we get older, humility will pad our knees.
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really enjoyed that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete