Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Choose to Call it Awareness



Written for 3WW....  Relish, Mercy, Foolish..


I Choose to Call it Awareness


I sought warmth
And you  relished burning me
In your fire
No mercy ever
But then  one question
Often haunted me
How did you ignite fire
With your heart
As cold as a glacier
Hey, did it hide some
Highly inflammable emotions
Under thick  layers of
Iced feelings
How foolish of me
Couldn't understand 
Such a simple truth
For so many years
But then, it didn't matter
I think I had started
Relishing to burn 
In your fire
As it kept on
Giving me renewed 
Strength like steel 
Thank God
You didn't realise
Otherwise you would
Have started 
Pampering me
To make me weaker
And now, ha, ha, 
It doesn't matter, for 
Now I have learnt
And turned in to
A practitioner of  happiness
Now I don't seek warmth
God helps me and leads me  
To the moments where I feel
All the warmth inside me..

You may choose to
Stay away, lest
The glaciers melt
Call it arrogance
Yet, I choose
To call it awareness..



And now a Haiku...


How foolish to seek
Mercy; sadist relishes and
inflicts pain to laugh..

God helps me and leads me to the moments where I feel all the warmth inside me..



By: RS  : )






13 comments:

  1. To generate warmth and not seek it. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple beauty put to words.Lovely poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful... it is true about what you have said in this poetry..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly generate warmth and happiness with your poetry; and your Haiku - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual the haiku and poem fit together perfectly..a real message of triumph over adversity..of inner strength and fire..Jae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful poem and lovely haiku!
    Enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very wise poem ramesh, we have been thinking in the same line this week, the similarity is stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very wise poem ramesh, we have been thinking in the same line this week, the similarity is stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your haiku is amazing, so is our synchronicity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A bit surprised... :) The piece of art is beautiful, the flow, the form, but a bit surprised at the tone

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  11. You never fail to give us something wonderful, beautiful - and thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lovely poem and a pretty sharp haiku too..

    Nice pieces... as always

    ReplyDelete