Saturday, April 23, 2011

Where Truths and Lies Sit Together.... for OSI




Written for One Single Impression... thanks to Yamini Meduri for the prompt..PLACE


Where Truths and Lies Sit Together..


Can I ever claim
If I carry my real face
Whenever I meet someone
Any time at any place….


Do I always speak
When I really should
Or keep quiet when
Talking would be good


At times when I should give
Do I expect to receive
Can’t say, don’t know
Whom do I really deceive


But one thing is really true
Need to know myself a lot better
Must go deep inside myself
Where truths & lies sit together


Let me burn bundles of lies
In that fire let the truths shine
But can I face them with courage
Or shall I hide behind divine


Myriad questions haunt me
When will answers become known
None can ever help me
I shall have to search them alone


Journey is tough and long
Many a storm I may have to face
But then I know one thing for sure
One day I’ll reach that place…


A place where without any
Feeling of worry, guilt or shame,
I will carry my real face, and
With pride make that claim..


 
****
 
 
And....... a haiku... too...  
 
 
You go fast, I'm slow  
I wish to carry more Sun
And air to my place..
 
 
 
 
 
By: RS    : )

23 comments:

  1. Yes...one day we shall all reach that place and carry our real face.

    Dear Ramesh, your words have a certain sweetness about them.

    Another great piece from you.

    Be well and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, just fantastic! I absolutely love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often wonder whether finding such a destination in as important as taking the mind journey itself.
    Great words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent pieces, both. Loved the flow and depth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How true... this desire has driven me to take u-turns so many times in life... to undo a lie or to reaffirm a truth or to verify the truthfulness... but every time a thread stays connected to the point from where I took the u-turn, that thread entangles me, makes me tumble, shackles me and covers me with even larger webs of my own half truths. Still trying.....but no u-turns this time

    When I read the poem, I felt like I found words to the restlessness within...I had tried to do so myself in the blogs listed below... but could not be as clear as you. Thanks for the beautiful write up sir.

    http://heartspeakrm.blogspot.com/2011/04/relection.html

    http://heartspeakrm.blogspot.com/2010/05/afraid-of-mirror.html


    And the Haiku, a realization for me... :) Reassuring


    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  6. interesting thoughts...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, your uplifting words refresh my spirit. Beautiful poem and haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is my favorite piece of your to date, I smiled the whole time reading simply because you speak about most of us, this is humanity in a nut shell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very profound, eloquent, and stimulating. Thanks for sharing.

    All the best, Boonie

    ReplyDelete
  10. May we all find that place in our own minds --the world will be a better place for sure.A place where no masks, veils and guilt will be needed.Wonderful thoughts,enjoyed the read and the haiku is simply great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. personas can create the perfect us when reality prevents.. nice questions ramesh.. my potluck.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2010/02/13/a-chinese-love-story/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Journey is tough, and it is easy to second guess. If only we could hold fast to an awareness of our divinity, then the doubting would retreat. I like this one a lot.
    Here's mine:
    http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2011/04/25/relativity-of-time-and-place/

    ReplyDelete
  13. So often I yearn for that safe place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was wonderful And you should show your real face right now. As it is perfect just the way it is.
    E

    ReplyDelete
  15. i prefer facing truth, thats easy way out- through it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "A place where without any
    Feeling of worry, guilt or shame,
    I will carry my real face, and
    With pride make that claim.."
    Don't we all hope for such a place! Very nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes , our life is so mysterious with journey having its twists and turns ..still we travel

    ReplyDelete
  18. insightful life time journey in poetry.

    masterful job.

    A++

    ReplyDelete
  19. insightful life time journey in poetry.

    masterful job.

    A++

    ReplyDelete
  20. insightful life time journey in poetry.

    masterful job.

    A++

    ReplyDelete
  21. insightful life time journey in poetry.

    masterful job.

    A++

    ReplyDelete